POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mathematician wanted! : mathematician wanted! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  mathematician wanted!
From: marabou
Date: 4 Oct 2001 10:11:25
Message: <3bbc6e0c@news.povray.org>
hello all!

when i went on with my test-scene, i thought that a picture on the wall
would look nice. so i made a picture, a nail and a string and put it
together.
but the string looks ugly. i took a sine curve and sticked a lot of  blobs
on it. but to hang it on a nail the curve radius is too wide.
the last i remember on mathem is a big red pillow on my table.
so is there anybody who may tell me how to sharpen only the curve of my
sine?

the code of my string:
------------------------------
//sinus
#declare kurve=
union{
#declare anx = -0.4;    //start point
#declare bnx = anx;     //last point
#declare cu_rad = 0.02; //radius of spheres

#while (anx <= 3)
blob{
threshold 0.8
sphere {